“Pretty pale apricot pink. Provençal colour. Light red fruit and the sweet/sour of Victoria plum on the nose. A little bit of spice. Complex for a young rosé and a tiny hint of tannin from the Pinot Noir. Bone dry, fresh and apparently ages well for up to 4-5 years. Starts to show dried flowers. Smells a little like champagne but without marked yeasty notes. Mineral, salty and mouth-watering. Lightish but long and finely textured. Good food wine.”
Grape varieties: 60% Pinot Noir / 40% Chardonnay
Variety characteristics: Pinot Noir: The name is derived from the French words for “pine” and “black” alluding to the varietals’ tightly clustered dark purple pine cone shaped bunches of fruit. It is widely considered to produce some of the finest wines in the world, but is a difficult variety to cultivate and transform into wine. Chardonnay is a green-skinned grape variety. It believed to have originated in the Burgundy wine region of eastern France but is now grown in many countries. The Chardonnay grape itself is very neutral, with many of the flavors commonly associated with the grape being derived from such influences as terroir and oak.
Location of our vineyards: Etchevarría, Canelones, Uruguay, located just 25 km away from the Rio de la Plata.
Soil: Calcareous and permeable undulating fields.
Harvest-Date: Both varieties Pinot Noir and Chardonnay: early February
Harvest: Manually collected in 18 kg boxes.
Fermentation: Chardonnay: 14 days. Pinot Noir: 12 days.
Malolactic Fermentation: 70% yes. (The other 30% is made without Malolactic Fermentation in order to keep the freshness of the varieties)
Oak ageing: 70%, during 3 months (30% of the wine without oak in order to keep the best expression of the varieties).
Description:This wine is light pink in colour, with soft hints of salmon and copper. The classic richness of Pinot Noir is balanced with the delicate fruit and refreshing acidity of Chardonnay. Aging the wine in oak barrels on its lees lends a mild nutty and toasty notes to the citrus, strawberry and floral flavours. It is elegant and well balanced with creamy texture and soft, lingering finish.
Food Pairing: It is great with seafood, specially oysters, smoked or grilled salmon and sushi.
Recommended Serving Temperature: 12º to 13ºC.
Awards & Reviews
Author: Patricio Tapia / Country: CL
Harvest: 2019 / Score: 91
Tim Atkin MW
Author: Tim Atkin / Country: UK
Harvest: 2018 / Score: 90
Autor: Marisa D´Vari/ País: US
Fecha: 05/02/2012 / Cosecha: 2007
Slight transparent rose petal pink color, tangy nose, on the palate extremely
high acidity and minerality.
Autor: Patricio Tapia / País: CL
Cosecha: 2013 / Puntaje: 90
Aunque no diga rosado en la etiqueta, este vino funciona como tal.
El pinot noir (60% de la mezcla) vinificado como blanco, sin contact con los hollejos, igual alcanza a dejar su color en este vino vivo, refrescante, como el jugo de las cerezas cocidas que te lo bebes helado. Un vino exquisito para el verano, y por cierto, una excelente manera de comenzar a disfrutar los vinos de Marichal, una de las mejores y mas originales bodegas de Uruguay hoy en día.
Autor: Julia Harding / País: UK / Fecha: 08/08/2017
Cosecha: 2016 / Puntaje: 16.5
This wine is very confusingly named because they are trying to explain on the bottle that the Pinot is vinified as a Blanc de Noirs but that the wine also includes Chardonnay. And the wine is a pink fizz. Pinot Noir in contact with skins 2-3 hours. The juice is drained without pressing and part goes to 2nd-use barrels and part to tank. The part in oak goes through malo. After 4-5 months, blended with part barrel-fermented Chardonnay. Inoculated yeast. Exported to the US and Europe.
Pretty pale apricot pink. Provençal colour. Light red fruit and the sweet/sour of Victoria plum on the nose. A little bit of spice. Complex for a young rosé and a tiny hint of tannin from the Pinot Noir. Bone dry, fresh and apparently ages well for up to 4-5 years. Starts to show dried flowers. Smells a little like champagne but without marked yeasty notes. Mineral, salty and mouth-watering. Lightish but long and finely textured. Good food wine. (JH) 13%
Autor: Patricio Tapia / País: CL
Cosecha: 2018 / Puntaje: 90
A blend of 60% pinot noir and 40% chardonnay, this wine comes from 18-year-old vineyards planted on clay and limestone soils in Etchevarría zone in Canelones. 70% of the wine was fermented in barrels and the rest, in cement tanks. The result is a delicious, refreshing rosé, with light body and tense, lively acidity. Serve it with the first course.
|Weight (Kg):||1.163 kg|
|Bottles per box:||6 o 12 Bot/box|
|Box Size:||6 Bot: 25×17.5×30 cm|
|12 Bot: 35×27.5×40 cm|
|Boxes per pallet:||Boxes of 6 Bot: 140 boxes|
|Boxes of 12 Bot: 70 boxes|
|Boxes per Euro-pallet:||Boxes of 6 Bot: 80 boxes|
|Boxes of 12 Bot: 40 boxes|
|Barcode EAN 13:||7730563034084|
|Barcode DUN 14:||Boxes of 6 Bot: 17730563034081|
|Boxes of 12 Bot: 27730563034088|